Update on Upcoming Ethics Requirement for CFMs
Ethics Requirement for CFMs
Effective January 1, 2018, and additional requirement for the CFM credential has been added. In addition to the FM experience/education requirement, all candidates must complete an Ethics Assessment prior to the CFM credential being awarded. Current CFMs must complete the Ethics Assessment every other renewal cycle or every six (6) years. Details can be found below.
IFMA is a member of the International Ethics Standards Coalition (IESC), which has created an ethical framework for the global property market. As a result, the CFM Scheme Committee has determined that an Ethics Assessment will be required for all current CFMs, as well as CFM credential applicants.
Ethics Assessment Options
1. HR Classroom Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Training Course – one hour e-learning program
- The Code of Business Ethics is a set of principles that summarize a Company's ethical standards. Its purpose is to guide employees in making good judgments regarding their work. This training is designed to help employers comply with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Federal Sentencing Guidelines (FSG), and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). This course provides training on ethical behavior for both staff and supervisors.
- Access the course through your CAMP record. Choose CFM Ethics Training Pmt Form - HR Classroom. When processed you will receive an email with a link for the training. When training is complete, choose CFM Ethics Training Completion Form and upload your documentation.
2. RICS Ethics Assessment – three hour e-learning program
- One of the characteristics that distinguish an RICS member is the absolute commitment to our ethical behavior. This course will explore the topics through interactive learning modules and case studies. RICS membership requires this course annually.
- Access the course through the link above. When complete, use the CFM Ethics Training Completion Form, in your CAMP record to document the course.
3. Employer Sponsored Ethics Training
- If your employer has Ethics Training which meets the framework established by the International Ethics Standards Coalition, you can submit the training for consideration by the CFM Scheme Committee for approval.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.