Serve the FM profession by joining the IFMA Standards Committee
The IFMA Standards Committee has issued an expression of interest for those who would like to serve on the Standards Committee.
IFMA Standards Committee is responsible for providing direction and long-term strategy related to the development and delivery of facility management (FM) standards.
The IFMA Global Board of Directors authorizes the Standards Committee, within the scope of its role and responsibilities, to:
- Recommend/prioritize topics/areas for standards development that have a broad impact on the facility management (FM) profession.
- Monitor progress of IFMA-approved standards initiatives and recommend modifications to proposed standards initiatives as applicable.
- Develop policy positions on issues related to standards of importance to the facility management (FM) profession.
Individuals interested in serving on the Standards Committee will:
- Be an IFMA member in good standing.
- Be willing to serve a minimum of three (3) years with an option to serve an additional three (3) year term.
- Have experience in adopting standards, maintaining compliance to ISO or national standards, certifying to a management system, developing standards, etc.
- Not be a current volunteer and/or paid staff of another commercial Standards Developing Organization, codes publishing body, or other similar organization that would create a conflict of interest.
What you need to know:
- If you're interested in serving, please apply and be prepared to upload a current resume and/or bio.
- Deadline to submit is Aug. 2, 2021.
- All Standard Committee members are required to sign a NDA and Conflict of Interest documents.
- The Standards Committee Nominating task force will review all submissions and make a recommendation to the Chair.
- All applicants will be notified by Aug. 31, 2021, regarding the status of the appointments.