Create, submit and get published.
IFMA’s Knowledge Library invites you to submit your original content for publication! Gain access to a wide audience of FM readers, position yourself as a thought leader and help grow the practice of facility management.
To get started, check out our new Knowledge Library Content Contributor Guide.
Call for Content
We are currently accepting the following content:
- Emergency Planning and Business Continuity
- Energy Management and Lighting
- Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability
- Finance and Business
- FM Solutions
- FM Standards and Compliance
- Hard FM Skills
- Human Factors
- Leadership and Strategy
- Operations and Maintenance
- Project Management
- Real Estate and Property Management
- Safety and Security
- Soft FM Skills
How to Send Us Your Content: We accept submissions only via our online submission form.We do not accept submissions by mail or email.
Problems Submitting Content: If you have any questions or needs assistance submitting content, please Contact Us.
Content Types We Consider: We are always looking for the following content types: articles, benchmarking documents, blog posts, case studies, how-tos, podcasts, presentations, research reports, templates, videos and webinars.
Content Formats: All submissions should be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .mp3, .mov, or .m4v format.
Timing: We welcome submissions any time throughout the year.
Response Time: Our response time depends on the current volume of submissions.
Methods of Attribution:
- You can place your organization's logo on the content in a manner that does not interrupt or distract the reader.
- Any mention of a specific company/organization should appear at the end of each content piece (mention of company should not be an ad or sales pitch).
- Author name should be clearly displayed on the piece.
Checking Your Submission Status: You can check the status of your submissions at any time throughout the review process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Simultaneous Submissions: We accept content that has or will be published elsewhere, however, we prefer content that hasn't been previously published.
- All content published in the Knowledge Library needs to align with one or more of IFMA’s 11 Core Competencies
- Citations should appear in the footnotes section of the page in the following manner:
- Last name, First initial. (Publication year, Month, Date) Document Title. Publication source
- All submissions should be non-fiction, non-advertorial and well-researched
- All document submissions should include a keyword rich description of 250 characters or less
- It should address the specific industry, core competency, methodology, and/or applicable skills/outcomes.
Knowledge Library Content Submission Guidelines [PDF download]