Facility management is a profession that encompasses multiple disciplines to ensure functionality of the built environment by integrating people, place, process and technology.
The Core Competencies of Facility Management
In 2009, a global job task analysis (GJTA) defined 11 core competencies. The GJTA included responses from facility managers in 62 countries. It is the most comprehensive to date and the first truly global survey and analysis. The core competencies are:
- Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity
- Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability
- Finance and Business
- Human Factors
- Leadership and Strategy
- Operations and Maintenance
- Project Management
- Real Estate and Property Management
Need to learn the basics of FM?
Try IFMA’s “Facility Management: A Practical Introduction” course!
- Is available in person or online;
- Provides information on the roles, responsibilities and core competencies of the FM profession; and
- Uses a scenario-based learning style so attendees can explore and examine realistic workplace situations in the global marketplace.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.