The IFMA logo is the most visible component of the brand identity system and serves as the foundation for all other pieces of the visual identity system.
The logo distinguishes the organization from other facility management organizations through color, emphasis on the name of the organization and typography, and reinforces the brand positioning message.
The IFMA logo and tagline is the preferred logo for all marketing materials and on most other communications.
- The tagline for IFMA is “Empowering Facility Professionals Worldwide.”
- Consistent use of this tagline with the International Facility Management Association name helps strengthen the brand message.
- The tagline type size and spatial relationship with the IFMA logo may not be altered.
- The tagline must never be created as typography and placed beneath the IFMA signature.
Which version should you use?
The basic rule of thumb is to use logo with the IFMA tagline “Empowering Facility Professionals Worldwide.” This is the preferred version.
The IFMA logo without the tagline can be used only when:
- The tagline is used as a prominent message point somewhere within the communications device as shown in the business card and website examples at left.
- On small promotional items where there
is not enough space for the tagline. Example: Pens, keytags, etc.
Proper clear space for IFMA logos
The clear space is an area surrounding the logo in which no competing typography or graphics may appear. The clear space on all sides of the logo is equal to the height of the “IFMA” in the logo. Except as identified in this manual, clear space equal to the height of the “IFMA” in the logo must be provided. Using more than the minimum clear space is always acceptable.
Minimum Logo Size
The minimum acceptable size for the logo is 1-1/4" wide.
General Usage Guidelines
It is important to follow these guidelines to maintain the integrity of the IFMA branding:
- Place the logo on a white background whenever possible.
- Place the logo on a very dark color background when white is not an option. Use the appropriate artwork file (Reverse) designated for a dark background.
- Do not place the logo in a square, rectangle, triangle, circle or any other shape. Do not add lines above or below the logo.
- Do not rotate or skew the logo.
- Do not alter the logo artwork in any way.
- Do not add any other elements to the logo.
- Do not change the colors of the logo.