After completing this workshop, learners will be able to:
- Describe the definition and functions of facility management
- Explain how important managing a facility is to an organization.
- Explain the role of facility management in the organization.
- Identify a variety of roles and responsibilities of those working in the Facility Management profession.
- Identify the 11 major competency areas that comprise the field.
- Be able to recognize how FM professionals work with these different competency areas as they carry out their duties.
- Identify some of the challenges encountered while carrying out the FM role in different types of organizations and regions.