As the official credentials body of IFMA, the ICC is dedicated to the establishment, maintenance and validation of professional standards for the facility management profession (FM).
To ensure that the International Facility Management Association’s (IFMA) professional credentials are the premier recognition of achievement for the facility management professional worldwide.
To advance the profession of facility management worldwide by enhancing and sustaining the integrity and quality of IFMA credentials.
The International Credentials Commission (ICC) derives its authority and responsibility from the Bylaws of the International Facility Management Association, as amended July 12, 2011.
The International Credentials Commission shall be responsible for the independent oversight, development and operation of the association's credential programs, including certificate programs and certifications such as the Facility Management Professional™ (FMP®), the Sustainability Facility Professional® (SFP®), and the Certified Facility Manager® (CFM®). All policy decisions relating to credentialing matters shall be the sole decision of the International Credentials Commission and are not subject to approval by any other body. The International Credentials Commission shall be responsible for oversight of the job task analysis process, including the development of the competency statements which form the basis of the facility management body of knowledge.
Current ICC Members:
Commission Chair: Stephen J. Jones, CFM
James E. Loesch, PE, IFMA Fellow, CFM (Immediate Past Chair)
Dean Hitchcock, CFM
Mark R. Sekula, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMP
Chris Hodges, P.E. IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMP, FRICS
Paul A Ratkovic, CFM, FMP
Meredith Thatcher, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMP
David Wilson, CFM
Linda McBain Waters, CFM, SFP
Vaughn Halliday, FMP, PMP
Stephen Brown, CFM, FMP, SFP
Responsibilities of the ICC include:
- Strategic planning, guidance and oversight of all activities related to IFMA credentials.
- Providing coordination and oversight of Global Job Task Analysis process
- Providing strategic direction for development of new credentials.
- Oversight of the development of educational material derived directly from the competency areas defined in the job task analysis results.
- Oversight of the Certified Facility Manager (CFM) program and any future certification programs
- Development and oversight of all assessment-based certificate programs and related education curricula.
- Oversight of the management system of the credentials organization
- Monitoring, revising as needed and approving the Credentials Management Plans.
- Ensuring compliance of accredited credentials programs to the appropriate standard
- Serving as a sounding board for and responding to concerns and recommendations by stakeholders.
- Making final determinations on certain credentials-related appeals and complaints.
Interested in serving on the ICC?
Answer IFMA's Call for Nominations: Click Here to learn more.
Each credential is governed by a scheme committee which reports to the ICC governing panel.
The scheme committees provide general program oversight, consult on content updates, process complaints and disputes, and develop and/or revise program policies and procedures.
CFM Scheme Committee
CFM Scheme Committee Chair: Dean Hitchcock, CFM
Ted Cohen, CFM, MBA, MPA, PMP
Linda DeTienne, CFM, GRP, BOC
James Hilf, CFM
Erik A. Johansson, CFM, FMA
David King, CFM, SFP, AIA, LEED AP
Casey Martin, CFM, AIA
John Parsons, CFM
Gail Perry, CFM
Fred Weiss, IFMA Fellow, CFM
FMP Scheme Committee
FMP Scheme Committee Chair: Mark Sekula, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMP
Robert Blakey, CFM, SFP, FMP, CEM, LEED
Jerry DiCola, CFM, SFP, FMP, LEED GA
Stephen Galloway, CFM
Lesley Groff, CFM
John Huffman, CFM, FMA
Jeffrey Montgomery, CFM
Bryan Neuhaus, CFM
Raphael Onovo, CFM, FMP
Donald Rogers, CFM
SFP Scheme Committee
SFP Scheme Committee Chair: Chris Hodges, P.E. IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMP, FRICS
Jeff Allcroft, CFM, SFP, CEM
Trudy Blight, CFM, SFP
Bill Conley, IFMA Fellow, CFM, SFP, FMP
Christine Karasek, CFM, SFP
Vic Reece, CFM, FMP, SFP
Ron Sachse, CFM, FMP, SFP, PMP
Erik Selvig, CFM, LEED AP
Doug Yon, SFP
Individuals interested in learning more about the ICC or submitting an application for future participation in ICC activities should email Karina Elizondo at firstname.lastname@example.org.